Independence Day in Crested Butte is amazing and stacked with great events, live music, activities and fireworks. Done your best patriotic gear and dive into a full day of celebration.
Activities for the Family:
Adventure Park: Don’t miss Crested Butte Mountain Resort’s exciting Adventure Park! Families can enjoy mini golf, rock climbing, bungee trampolines, the Coke Zero® Gravity BagJump and Tin Cup Mining Co.
Bike Park: The Crested Butte Bike Park has a diverse network of trails that now contains over 25 miles of singletrack on the resort; both lift-served downhill trails and cross country rides that connect to some of the legendary rides in and around Crested Butte.
Hiking: Hike to the summit of Mt. Crested Butte or just take a stroll through aspens and wildflower-soaked meadows. No matter what you decide, the views of the Elk Mountain Range are spectacular and the air is pristine. Crested Butte Mountain Resort offers several hiking options.
Fourth of July Schedule of Events:
- 7-10 a.m.: Pancake Breakfast at the Crested Butte Fire & EMS Department
- 8 a.m.: Gothic to Crested Butte 1/3rd Marathon starts in Gothic and ends right at 3rd street and Elk Avenue. Cheer for the racers on the Rec Path or between 1st and 3rd streets on Elk Ave!
- 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Food court, face painting, custom Crested Butte 4th of July t-shirts, and more at 3rd and Elk Ave
- 11 a.m.: Fourth of July Parade
- 12 p.m.: Gothic to Crested Butte Marathon Awards at 3rd and Elk Ave
- 12:15-2:30 p.m.: Live music from Tyler Hansen and guests at 3rd and Elk Ave
- 4:30-7 p.m.: Crested Butte Mountain Bike Park and Adventure Park is open for Twilight Hours until 7 p.m.
- 6:30-8 p.m.: Butte 66 BBQ and Drinks on the lawn
- 7:30-9:15 p.m.: Free live music from Pandas and People at the Red Lady stage in Mt CB
- 9:30 p.m.: Mt. Crested Butte fireworks show on the mountain
Be safe and have fun!