First you might be wondering, what is Pinnacle? The POWERADE Pinnacle Mountain Bike Series offers downhill races on Wednesday evenings during Twilight lift hours. Each week features a new race course, and a stellar post-ride awards party featuring awesome prizes from Helly Hansen, GoPro and Oakley, plus a cold LandShark Lager or Coca-Cola for racers at Butte 66!
So what’s new?
- Entry fees are $10 per race and include Twilight lift access, racing, giveaways and prizes, and a post-ride beverage at the awards party.
- Registration will be held from 4 p.m. until 5:15 p.m. at the Rental and Demo Center (parent must be present to sign a waiver). Once you sign the race waiver then you are good for the whole series!
- Enduro categories are available for men and women who want to pedal up instead of riding the lift. Enduro racers run last and are only timed on the downhill.
- Food specials will be available for racers to purchase at Butte 66 each week.
- Hotdogger race is on this year! Don’t miss your chance to rip this fun track against the clock.
Why should I do it?
- Did we mention weekly prizes from Helly Hansen, Oakley and GoPro? Yes! We will be giving away four GoPro Hero7 and you don’t have to be the fastest person to win.
- It’s the same cost as twilight but you get so much more bang for your buck.
- Race courses range from an easy green to blue with jumps, to blacks with wooden features and rock gardens. There is a race course for everyone to try.
- It’s a great excuse to ride your bike with friends and earn some bragging rights.
- There are Sport and Expert categories for all ages, so you can find the right group of new friends to race against.
- Series winners will receive a coveted overall medal made out of recycled bike parts at the final race. Plus, the more you race, the better your chances are of winning a Go ProHero7 for overall participation.
Weekly Race Courses:
- June 26- Luge
- July 3- Teaser
- July 10- Hotdogger
- July 17- Woods
- July 24- Avery
July 31- Weather back up
- Junior Sport (Ages 12 and Under)
- Junior Expert (Ages 13-15)
- Adult Sport (16+)
- Adult Expert
Male and Female divisions for each